QUESTION AND ANSWER
Any Questions About Medium?
This is a place for individuals to ask questions about Medium and get straightforward answers.
We have all been there.
You have a question, and Google does not have an answer. How does the search engine dedicated to the mathematical expression 1 x 100th power not have an answer? You wonder what to do next. If only there were a place on Medium to ask questions from your fellow writers…
How about this next scenario?
You have a question about the platform but feel it is too simple to ask. You fear ridicule from other writers. You wonder what to do next. If only there were a place on Medium to ask questions from your fellow writers…
Fortunately, we’re introducing a potential solution.
This story will be shown on our homepage and it is a new section called Question and Answer. This is a safe place for anyone to ask any question about the platform and receive answers. Simply leave your questions in the comments sections, and either a fellow writer or the Editor will respond with an answer.
If we don’t find an answer, we will write a story asking the community for help. Simple as that. Once we have a solution, we will post the answer to your question and notify you.
So feel free to ask away in the comments section!
Here are some example questions:
- Why do publications only accept unpublished drafts?
- How can I see how many followers a publication has?
- How do I add a Sub-title to my Title?
- How do I change the Title of my story after I have published it? The preview is showing the old Title.
- How do you get a “Kicker” added to the Title? In other words, how do you get the gray text added right above the Title?
- What is an external view?
- How many words equates to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5+ minutes of reading time?
These are some of the example questions I have received during my time as Editor of Fellowship Writers. Typically, I respond privately with an answer. However, with this new section on our homepage, we can leave answers to common questions for all members to view.
Over time this Q&A section can grow into a dedicated resource for all members to use.
Sound like a plan?